Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Mr. Choi Kitchen

What do you do when you're under much stress? I guess many would say they eat. I do, too. I had a stressful day last summer so I asked bf if he could meet me and have dinner together. He said he's supposed to ask me to have dinner with him because he had a lot of stress at work, too. Since I haven't had Chinese food for quite some time, I recommended that we dine at Mr. Choi Kitchen (I really think it should be Mr. Choi's Kitchen) since we haven't eaten there together. I had lunch at Mr. Choi a week ago when I met my friend and her family. 

There weren't so many people when we got there, maybe because it's a weekday. The interior is nice and it has a "real Chinese restaurant" feel. Once seated, the waiters approached us right away and gave us the menu. We ordered from their choices of rice toppings. I ordered roast duck with soy chicken while bf had assorted cold cuts. We also added one order of shrimp dumplings (hakaw), iced tea, and chilled lychee with gulaman for dessert.

chilled lychee with black gulaman

shrimp dumplings (hakaw)

roast duck and soy chicken

assorted cold cuts

We had to wait long and I would like to think that it's because it takes time to prepare the food and not because they have poor service. I loved every bite of the soy chicken and roast duck. I got to try bf's order and it was equally delicious. The hakaw was heavenly. Dessert was served later. We actually ordered just 1 serving of chilled lychee with black gulaman and asked them to split it into two. It was a good decision because 1 serving was enough for the two of us. We also got free coupons. They told us that we could get free iced tea when we visit again (we did). We went home very full. Luckily, I was wearing a loose shirt.

satisfied diners!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...