Saturday, October 29, 2011

Cathedral Windows

It's been a while since I last posted something here. I was busy studying. Yeah, studying. Anyway, I decided to post a new recipe. This is one of the desserts I had difficulty making. The first time I made this, it was a BIG FAILURE. I couldn't find one of the ingredients specified in the recipe I saw so I used a substitute, it was not a good idea.

This dessert in called cathedral windows because it looks like the stained glass windows of a neo-classical cathedral.

photo not mine

Here are what you need for this recipe:

3-4 packs of powdered gelatin of different flavors
4 sachets of unflavored gelatin knox (the key to the success of this recipe)
1 can condensed milk
1 can evaporated milk
1 can/box all purpose cream
2 cups water

Procedure:

Prepare the flavored gelatin according to package instructions. Set the cooked jellos aside and chill. When the jellos are well formed already, cut them into cubes of desired thickness. Mix the cut jellos in one bowl and set aside.

Boil 2 cups of water and add the condensed milk, evaporated milk and all purpose cream. Stir continuously. Pour the packs of gelatin knox onto the mixture and make sure to dissolve them well. Remove from fire and continue stirring until it cools down a bit. We can't put the hot mixture in the bowl of jellos because they would melt. 

Pour the mixture onto the jellos and spread evenly. Let it cool and chill them in the refrigerator before serving.



I made a lot of this but all were gone after a day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...