Friday, December 17, 2010

I Went to the Post Office

I wasn’t home when the package was delivered, so the mailman left a notice that I should get the package from Manila Central Post Office. Manila C.P.O.?? Where is that? Okay. I know the area where it is, but not the specific location. I’ve been living here in Manila for almost seven years but I’ve never been there.

So I fixed my schedule, and decided to go there in the morning. I took the bus from Sta. Mesa to Lawton. I got off near Manila City Hall only to find out that Manila C.P.O is still a few blocks away. Instead of taking the jeepney, I decided to walk, to make sure I don’t get off at the wrong stop again. After a 20-minute walk, I was already standing in front of Manila C.P.O.

facade of the building

The building was rather old. It sure is left out when you talk of modern architecture, but I think it’s beautiful as it is. The building was designed by Filipino architect, Juan M. Arellano. It was built in 1926 in neoclassical architecture, a style in architecture principally derived from classical Greece architecture and the architecture of Andrea Palladio. After acquiring several damages during World War II, it was rebuilt in 1946, preserving most of its original design. 

there was an exhibit during my visit


I had to claim my package in Window 131 in the basement. After signing some documents and paying a certain amount, custom duties, I finally got my package. The package was sent by my aunt from Florida, a late birthday present. Luckily the shirt fits me well.

MNG top


I wanted to walk more around the area, but I had to go home for I still have to work from 10 a.m. onwards. It was a great experience. I wouldn’t mind claiming a package in Manila C.P.O. again, that is, if someone even bothers to send me a package.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...