Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Pork Leg in Rice Wine and Pineapple Juice

Few days before Sunday, I was already craving for pork leg. I know very few ways of cooking pork leg and this one is my ultimate favorite. I thought of cooking this for Sunday's dinner but I decided to have this the next day, Raymond's lunch. I still cooked this in the afternoon of Sunday though, because it takes a lot of time to cook this one. 

Here are the ingredients:

1 kg pork leg, chopped
1 can pineapple juice
1/4 cup oyster sauce
2 tbsp. rice wine
5 cloves garlic, crushed
1 onion, chopped
1 tbsp. pepper corn
3 bay leaves
salt to taste

Procedure:

The first thing to do is to mix all ingredients in a heavy pan. Next, arrange the chopped pork leg in the heavy pan and add enough water to cover the meat.



Cook over low fire.Cooking this slowly allows the flavor to come out. It took me a little more than an hour before I got the tenderness of the meat that I want. You can always adjust the proportion of the ingredients. I added more pineapple juice halfway. You can add water if it takes a lot of time to tenderize the meat. Turn the meat over every now and then to avoid burning it.

What I really like about this dish is the explosion of flavors you get plus the jelly-like texture of pork leg. I should have cooked more of this.

I just set this aside after cooking, I cooked something else for dinner. I reheated this the morning after for Raymond's lunchbox.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...