Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Chicken Tinola With Corn

I mentioned in my previous post that I cooked something else for dinner, and this is it. Chicken tinola is a popular chicken dish here in the Philippines. It's very easy to make and is always loved by many. This version, however, has a twist. It has shredded corn which adds more flavor to your regular chicken tinola. I first tasted this when I was still living with my aunt during my university days. 

Here are the ingredients:

1/2 kilo chicken
1 sayote (chayote), sliced
1 small ginger, sliced thinly
10 pcs. chili leaves
4 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tbsp. fish sauce
2 tbsp. cooking oil
1 medium-sized sweet corn, shredded
salt

Procedure:

Heat oil in a pan. Add the garlic cloves, ginger, and the shredded corn. When the garlic cloves turn brown, add the chicken and fish sauce Saute the chicken until the skin turns brown. Everyone at home prefers chicken wings over other chicken parts so I always buy them. 

When the skin turns brown, add a little water and let it simmer until the meat is tender. Add the slices of chayote and simmer more until the chayote is half-cooked. Add salt to taste. Lastly, add the chili leaves. Turn the stove off a minute after the addition of the chili leaves.

This is best eaten during the rainy season but no one said we can't eat this during summer. 



We all know that we should not eat a lot for dinner but this dish will definitely make you ask for another cup of rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...