Monday, February 6, 2012

Potluck Party With RJ Friends

I always wanted to host a party with RareJob friends and it finally happened yesterday. I woke up early in the morning and went to the market to buy the things I'll be needing for the party. I had to wake my brothers up early because I needed help to clean the house. Just like a miracle, my brothers were so cooperative. Haha.

before the party started
The first to arrive was tutor J.Marie, she arrived around 1 pm. We were just talking about random things while waiting for the others. The other tutors were already on their way and they constantly sent messages asking for directions. The drivers don't know the street where I live so I instructed all of them to get off at the hospital nearby. Upon arriving at the hospital, they sent messages and I fetched them there. Tutor Ayn.C arrived next, followed by tutor Zeng, and the last to arrive was tutor Ellie.B.

While they were talking in the living room, I was cooking spring rolls and pasta in the kitchen. I would occasionally join them and rush to the kitchen again. 

seafood pasta in oil

spring rolls

The other tutors also brought food with them. tutors J.Marie and Ayn.C had 2 boxes of  pizza delivered.




Tutor Ellie.B brought a native Filipino delicacy, sapin-sapin. This is actually one of my favorites.

sapin-sapin
Tutor Zeng who just came back from South Korea brought some sweets and other freebies.



We talked about fashion, Zeng's stay in Korea, J.Marie's full time job and many more. We were laughing and eating during the entire time. They were supposed to go home at around 5 pm, but we enjoyed too much and forgot about the time. We started taking pictures when they were about to go home. It was already 8 pm!

From L to R: me, Ellie.B, J.Marie, Ayn.C, and Zeng






Just like any parties, we also had a special guest. Haha. Well, I wanted them to meet my bf so I asked him to come over. 


I had a great time with them. Tutor Ayn said that she's hosting the next party. It may not be soon but we are all excited about it.

Photos without "jeepneypassenger" are from Ayn's camera.



5 comments:

  1. Looks like you really had fun. Hope I'd be able to attend the next RJ gathering so I cn meet u guys again. take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was a lot of fun ate. we're having another one this coming 4th of march. join us!

      Delete
  2. Wow!!

    Those look delicious!!
    It is common like this girls meeting in the world.
    In Japan, we call it JYOSHI KAI(girls meeting).

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...