Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Something Fishy

Spring rolls must be Chinese in origin but every country has its own version of this delicious food. In the Philippines, the common varieties of spring rolls include pork, chicken, vegetable and fish spring rolls. Pork spring rolls never fail to impress visitors during parties. What's not to like about spring rolls?

We are trying to stay away from meat so I thought of making fish spring rolls just to satisfy my cravings. When I first made this, I used ground raw fish but in this recipe, I used boiled fish.

Here are the ingredients:

1/2 kilogram boiled fish, flaked
1 medium carrot, minced
1 medium potato, minced
1 medium red onion, minced
4 cloves garlic, minced
30 pcs. spring roll wrappers
1 egg
salt and pepper

Procedure:

Any fish would do, but I used tuna. After boiling the fish and letting it cool, I flaked it with fork.


Mix flaked fish, carrots, potatoes, onion, garlic, and egg in a mixing bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste. Put about 1 tablespoon of the mixture in the spring roll wrapper and wrap it.


I usually make a lot of spring rolls and just put them in the freezer for convenience. That way, I don't have to worry about what to cook for breakfast when I'm feeling lazy. I just have to deep fry them and breakfast is ready. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...