Sunday, April 22, 2012

Fish in Coconut Milk

It's been a while dear friends. I've been busy since I already got a full time job. I'll tell you about it in a separate post. 

I'm posting another recipe. I think I've mentioned before that I really like coconut milk. Here's another recipe that uses coconut milk as the main ingredient.

Ingredients:

3-4 medium tilapia
5 tomatoes, sliced
2 onion, sliced
1 cup coconut milk
pechay, cut into two parts; stalks and leaves
oil for frying

Procedure:

Fry the fish until brown. Some people skip the frying part and just cook the fish directly in the coconut milk. I tried that before, but it didn't give me good results. It was difficult to turn the fishes because the fish meat was so soft. I guess it's better to fry them first.

Set aside the fried fish.  Saute the onion and tomatoes. You can saute it in the frying pan used earlier using the oil used to fry the fishes. After around 3 minutes, pour half of the coconut milk and add 1/4 cup of water. Put the pechay stalks. We'll put the leaves later.  Let it simmer.

When the water starts to simmer, put the fish onto the pan and add the remaining coconut milk. Add salt to taste. Wait for 5 minutes before putting the pechay leaves. After putting the pechay leaves, wait for around 3 minutes then turn off the fire. 

Serve with steamed rice. 

Caution: May cause excessive consumption of steamed rice.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...