Sunday, July 31, 2011

Sinigang na Hipon

Sunday is always cooking day for me. One reason why I love cooking on Sunday is, I only have much time during Sundays and another reason is, my boyfriend shares sinner with us every Sunday. To take a break from the usual pork, chicken, fish and vegetables, I decided to cook one of my favorites, sinigang na hipon.

Here are the ingredients:

1/2 kg shrimp
1 bundle of swamp spinach (kangkong)
1 medium radish, sliced
1 small pack of tamarind powder
2 tomatoes, quartered
1 red onion, quartered
salt

Procedure:
1. Put 4-5 cups water in the pot, add the red onion and bring to a boil.
2. When the water has boiled, put the tomatoes and shrimp into the pot. Add salt.
3. After around 3 minutes, put the radish. Simmer for few minutes.
4. When the shrimp is almost cooked, put the water spinach. Simmer again for 2 minutes and turn the stove off.

TIPS:
> If not eating right away, cover only half of the pot so as not to overcook the water spinach.
> Don't simmer the shrimp for too long. The shrimp will become chewy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...