Sunday, August 14, 2011

Picadillo

I always cook something good during Sunday because it's my rest day and bf stays with us every Sunday. I've always known that Raymond (bf's name) loves picadillo but I've never tried cooking it for him. Picadillo is a  dish mainly consisting of ground beef typically found in Latin American countries.I was not very sure if it would turn it well but I tried cooking it anyway.

Ingredients: 

1/2 kg ground beef
2 tbsp cooking oil
2 tbsp fish sauce
5 tbsp tomato sauce
5 cups beef stock or water
1 red onion, minced
1 medium potato, peeled and diced
1 medium carrot, peeled and diced
1 small can, pineapple tidbits
6 quail eggs, boiled
salt and pepper

Procedure:

Heat pan and put the cooking oil. If the oil is already hot, put the minced onion and cook until transparent. Saute the ground beef in the pan. Add the fish sauce, salt and pepper. Add the beef stock and boil.

Once it starts boiling, add the potatoes and carrots. Simmer for about 10 minutes. Add the pineapple and tomato sauce. Simmer for another 3 minutes. Add the quail eggs. Serve.

simmering..


Raymond and my brothers loved my picadillo. I was also surprised that it was delicious. Haha.

bad pic quality due to lighting conditions



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...