Saturday, June 23, 2012

Tuna Carbonara

I don't cook often these days because of my busy schedule but I make sure to cook something good every Sunday. It has become a routine here at home. I cook light meals or snack every Sunday afternoon and a special dinner in the evening. 

For our snack last Sunday, I made tuna carbonara. My brother used to dislike carbonara; I don't know why but he ate quite an amount last weekend.

I'm sharing my recipe for the tuna carbonara we had last weekend so you can make it next time you have a family gathering or if your friends come over.

Here are the ingredients:

1 can big evaporated milk
1 can cream of mushroom
1 box of all purpose cream
1/4 cup grated cheese
1 cup sliced mushroom
3 cans of tuna in oil
500 mg pasta cooked according to package instructions
butter
2 tbsp. minced garlic
salt and pepper to taste

Procedure:

Heat the pan and put the butter. Once the butter has melted, put the garlic. When the garlic turns brown, add the tuna. You can include the oil from the tuna, I think it adds more flavor to the sauce if you do that. Continue sauteing for 2 more minutes then add the mushroom. Saute for a minute or so.

Add the evaporated milk, all purpose cream, cream of mushroom, and cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Stir continuously over low fire until the mixture becomes creamy. Turn off the fire and toss the pasta into the sauce.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...